In a time of social and ecological crisis, what can we as individuals do to make the world a better place? This inspirational and thought-provoking book serves as an empowering antidote to the cynicism, frustration, paralysis, and overwhelm so many of us are feeling, replacing it with a grounding reminder of what’s true: we are all connected, and our small, personal choices bear unsuspected transformational power. By fully embracing and practicing this principle of interconnectedness—called interbeing—we become more effective agents of change and have a stronger positive influence on the world.
Throughout the book, Eisenstein relates real-life stories showing how small, individual acts of courage, kindness, and self-trust can change our culture’s guiding narrative of separation, which, he shows, has generated the present planetary crisis. He brings to conscious awareness a deep wisdom we all innately know: until we get our selves in order, any action we take—no matter how good our intentions—will ultimately be wrongheaded and wronghearted. Above all, Eisenstein invites us to embrace a radically different understanding of cause and effect, sounding a clarion call to surrender our old worldview of separation, so that we can finally create the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible.
With chapters covering separation, interbeing, despair, hope, pain, pleasure, consciousness, and many more, the book invites us to let the old Story of Separation fall away so that we can stand firmly in a Story of Interbeing.
The print version is available on Amazon or from the publisher directly. Other on-line booksellers, such as Better World Books or IndieBound carry the book as well. Or better yet, ask for it at your local bookstore.
- Length: 289 pages
- ISBN (Paperback): 9781583947241
- ISBN (Ebook): 9781583947258
- ISBN (Audiobook): 9781583949641
- Publisher: North Atlantic Books (November 5, 2013)
Online Book Version
The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible is available online, including several translations.
Online Version Translations
- German Translation: Die schönere Welt, die unser Herz kennt, ist möglich
- Croatian Translation: Ljepši svijet za koji naše srce zna da je moguć
- Portuguese Translation: O Mundo Mais Bonito Que Nosso Coração Sabe Ser Possível
- Catalan Translation: El món més preciós que els nostres cors saben que és possible
- Russian Translation: Наши сердца ведают, что более прекрасный мир возможен
Audio Book Version
The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible is available as an audio book, narrated by Paul Geiger.